Monday, August 20, 2012

It is a small small world...

So I escaped the city this weekend and traveled up to Minneapolis to celebrate Clara Mae's first birthday.  As a part of my graduation present, Zach and Darcie gave me a plane ticket to use any time I was living in Chicago. Because my work schedule is going to be crazy starting in a week, I took the opportunity to go see them just before my start date.  

Getting to O'hare is so simple from my apartment.  A quick bus ride, followed by a short train ride, before I knew it I was already through security.  Despite the delayed flight, traveling to Minni was easy peasy. It was not only great to see Zach, Darcie & Clara... Grandma Sunny and my mom joined us for the birthday festivities.  Of course I missed seeing the rest of my fam, but hopefully they'll be able to make it to the Windy City to visit soon.



Darcie out did herself with Clara's Hungry Hungry Caterpillar themed party.  Great food, company & fabulous decor.  The party was a hit! 





On Saturday Zach and Darcie went to a wedding and Grammie Gaby and myself got to babysit Clara Mae. Being the total party girl she is, Clara refused to take her afternoon nap both Friday and Saturday and we were faced with a little monster :)  Clara and Grammie went swimming and ate more mac and cheese than is normal for a tiny little thing.  Once we got her to bed we found out just how small the world is.


As you know I'm living with two guys I've never met.  I had to opportunity to meet Jake on Saturday.  He is moving from Minneapolis.  He stopped by our hotel to check out the happy hour with me.  After chatting and laughing about what we're getting ourselves into we started to talk about our families.  Turns out one of his brothers lives a few blocks from Zach! It got even smaller when he said he brothers are in the music business. When I talked to Zach on Sunday, he was in shock.  Not only did he know Jake's brothers... they're friends! Even more crazy is that when I was in Minneapolis this past March I met them!  Needless to say, I feel really comfortable with my new living situation.  

Welp, I'm off to the zoo with my intern friends! Enjoy your Monday everyone!!

xoxo
-Kait

PS I love this little girl more than anything... so happy I'm only a 50 minute flight away from her now!! Sorry Grammie Gaby, maybe you should head to the Midwest... I know Scrappy wouldn't be opposed! 

1 comment:

  1. HAD A WONDERFUL WEEKEND, WELL AT LEAST TWO DAYS WITH YOU....CLARA MAE IS CERTAINLY SPECIAL AND SO ARE YOU. LOVE GRANDMOM

    ReplyDelete