Monday, August 13, 2012

These boots are made for walking.

Seriously though, these boots are made for walking.  I suppose I should make that a bit more specific.  These RAIN boots are made for walking. Although its still summertime, Chicago has had its fair share of weather.  Last weekend, my mom and I were out shopping for a bed and got caught in a crazy thunderstorm.  The other night I lost power in my apartment due to some "weather", and now today it has been pouring!

So during the first little rain I wore sandals like any Cali girl...


But don't worry, I've got the hang of it now and I might be confused as a lifetime Chicagoan...


I haven't let a little weather stop my adventuring.  Today I managed to find a Verizion store (my phone doesn't get service in my apartment) and was then forced into an antique store when the rain started to come down on my walk home. All my wandering has led me to discover a passion for unique items and old treasures.  Its a possibility that my semi-furnished apartment has a little to do with this discovery as well. I'm starting to think that if I don't land the job with RFE that I could a. go into interior decorating  b. be the next American Pickers/Pawn Star/ Storage War/ Barter King/ Extreme Garage Salers Star (I made that last show up, but I'm confident that Grandma Sunny, Aunt Alli & myself would  make a killing). But then again, I think I'd miss event planning too much :)

Speaking of Red Frog, my other intern friend, Laura and I were walking around downtown a few days ago and found ourselves on the RFE steps.  After debating if they were going to judge us based on our outfits, we decided to go in.  We figured its an active entertainment company with tree houses and no dress code that with our running shoes and and nike shorts we would fit right in.  We assumed correctly.  We were welcomed with open arms, got a tour of the second floor (something that isn't showed to you during the interview), and met the awesome receptionist who was in the middle of making a slideshow with our pictures for the full time frogs to get to know us before our arrival on August 27.  Needless to say our random stop on our journey was well worth it.  If you haven't checked out Red Frog Events yet, I highly suggest you visit their website. Click here :)


Remember how my last blog I said not to hesitate to contact me, I forgot to mention Skype!  Let me know if you want my Skype name. Just a bit ago I had a special treat :) Sorry Grammie Gaby, Clara Mae really wanted to see her Auntie today!

For those of you in California I'm sending cool thoughts your way! 

xoxo
-Kaitlyn

2 comments:

  1. So much fun to follow your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me follow your adventure! I love it! You are already having so much fun discovering new things. This is a chance of a lifetime, Kaits! Relish every minute! Tamie

    ReplyDelete